Graduate Certificate Application Process
* There is no application deadline, except for Nursing certificates.
Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for processing.
* Nursing students please view application deadlines here
* International Applicants Click Here
** Certificate students are ineligible for a student visa based on the certificate, but enrolling in a Master's program would make you eligible for a student visa
1. Enroll at USF as a non-degree seeking student:
If you are not currently enrolled at USF, or have not attended USF in the past 2 semesters, you need to apply as a non-degree seeking student. The application is located HERE. This will allow you to enroll at USF and register for classes. If you are a current graduate student, you do not need to do this application. This application gets processed by the Registrar's office. For any questions about the non-degree application, please contact the Registrar at 813-974-2000.
- Under the academic interest portion, Select Non-degree, then the Semester you wish to attend, then the Tampa Campus, then select the Certificate program you would like to begin. The $30 application fee will be assessed when completing this application and can be paid via credit card online (we do NOT accept checks or money orders.)
- This will establish a USFID which is your unique ID number at USF. If you do not know your UID, you can access it on the website: https://netid.usf.edu/una/
- Students applying for a certificate in the College of Nursing will need to complete their online application to be considered: http://hsccf.hsc.usf.edu/soar/
2. Apply to the Graduate certificate Program:
- Fill out the Departmental Approval form, then print, sign and submit to Graduate Certificates
- Submit a letter of interest, resume and official transcripts and submit to Graduate Certificates
- Some certificates require additional materials. Please check the specific certificate program page of interest to see if any additional application materials are required
- If you are applying to multiple certificates, please send a approval form for each one
College of Nursing applicants need to download personal statement and letter of reference templates here
3. Submit any other documents to USF:
If you wish to take classes on campus, you must submit the Immunization Health History Form to the Immunization office prior to registration. If this is not done, a hold will be placed on your account. For additional information, please review the Student Insurance page, or call 813-974-5407 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Admission to a graduate certificate program does not imply automatic acceptance into a graduate degree program